The advantages and disadvantages of modern cloth nappies
- Modern cloth nappies contain no harmful chemicals or plastics.
- Modern cloth nappies have less of an impact on the environment than disposables.
- You have the freedom to choose from a variety of stylish modern cloth nappies.
- Modern cloth nappies result in less leakage (if your fit is correct and your absorbency is enough you won’t have leakage).
- Modern cloth nappies are less smelly than disposables.
- While the initial purchase of your supply of modern cloth nappies may cost more, in the long-term it will be cheaper than using disposables.
- As you’re washing your modern cloth nappies, your bin doesn’t fill up as fast and you’re not contributing further to all that nasty landfill.
- You get a lot fewer nappy rashes with modern cloth nappies.
- Modern cloth nappies come in a variety of colours and designs so can be considered more appealingly.
- There are no harsh chemicals used to make modern cloth nappies, which means they’re great on sensitive bottoms.
- You can’t just throw away the used nappy, it needs to be washed. Not a huge deal, but it is more time consuming.
- The once off payment for modern cloth nappies is higher than you would usually spend on a short-term supply of disposables.
- Washing modern cloth nappies are more time consuming than disposables.
- Modern cloth nappies be difficult to manage while travelling.